Thursday, June 26, 2008

Countdown to Vegas

On July 3rd, 2008 my friends and i will be going to the sin city, Las Vegas for my friend's 21st birthday. As the days countdown and it gets closer to traveling to Las Vegas, i start to anticipate if the rumors about how crazy Las Vegas is are true. All my friends have been raving and getting anxious to go to Las Vegas for the first time. Surprisingly their excitement has not rubbed off onto me but i think i will show my true reaction when we are actually out of the plane and at Las Vegas. I wonder if the saying is true, that "whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" and i wonder if my friends will take that to heart. I personally do not think i have it in me to drop all of my morals and go crazy for a few days just because I am in the sin city. Do not mistaken me, I know how to have a good time just like the next person, but i know how to have a good time more responsibly then people would like to believe. I take enjoyment by being with my friends and watching the ridiculous antics they pull while they are intoxicated or sober. Knowing my friends, they have been anticipating this day since the day we bought our plane tickets. It will be a sight to see to view my friends enjoying themselves and going "buck wild" in Las Vegas.

3 comments:

Danielle Young said...

Your fear of going to Las Vegas is one that many share, who knows what happens in Vegas, because apparently it stays there. I enjoy what issue you are directing and you provide a good narrative but some of your sentences are a little confusing and sound a little too "bloggy." I did, however, really like and enjoy your post and good luck in Vegas, I bet you will have a lot of fun!

Arisa said...

what a coincidence! I am leaving for Vegas on Tuesday and staying there until Sunday for Kendo competition. It is not for fun though!
I enjoy how you share your personal thoughts about going to Vegas, but some of sentences are a little bit difficult to understand. Maybe you should make a new paragraph as well? By the way, have a good time in Vegas with friends!!

Christopher Schaberg said...

I agree with the previous two comments: your post is at times too "bloggy," and your sentences could use some tightening up. Do not forget that this is an advanced composition class, and all your writing needs to be reaching for a high level of sophistication and neatness. On the other hand, your narrative is inviting and thoughtful, and these are aspects worth developing. Lastly: capitalize your "i"s!